Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Beautiful Bali

It,s 4.30 am (I know I'm an early riser) on a beautiful Bali morning. The sound of motor bikes and the incessant beeping of horns has yet to start. Just the occasional crow of a rooster is the only sound to be heard. It's warm and still even the sun hasn't started to rise yet. Best time of the day for me, love having the early morning to myself.

First impressions........it's lush and green, the people are wonderfully friendly and helpful, the food is amazing and the heat and humidity are nowhere nearly as oppressive as I thought they would be. There is a certain amount of boob sweat going on but there's relief to be had in air conditioned shops and the pool at our accommodation is getting a serious work out.


 

 

Yesterday was a trip to Kuta for an amazing head neck and shoulder massage......bliss as you can see from the look on my face. Then it was back to Seminyak for a girlie day with daughter and future daughter I law. Manicures and pedicures all round, it's been years since I've had either.

 

This was my first purchase, a rather large and colorful hat.

I would love some of these to put in my garden.

 

 

Today is bead shopping......the guys will just have to grin and bare it. I spotted several interesting bead stores on the way to Kuta yesterday so that's where I'm headed today.

 

 

Till next time.......signing off from Bali.

3 comments:

  1. A well deserved rest. Now you need to get a sarong to match the lovely hat.
    NO TATS
    x Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envy you so much- not for the massages, rose petal bath and the food you are having but the bead shopping.Uhmmm. But have a lovely time. As usual wonderful to read your blog.

    Kind regards
    Vanaja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Relaxation, massages, beauty and bead shopping with people you love ... hardly seems fair! I wish I were there! Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete