Now my kitchen is well and truly finished and functioning beautifully I might add, it needs some brightening up as it’s all a bit beige, so I decided to make some polymer clay plaques.
The kitchen has a large servery that opens up to the family room and above the framework and the ceiling is about a 20-25 cm area that is begging for some sort of decoration.
Sorry about the quality of the photo it was late afternoon and the sun was shining in through the family room windows and doors. Made it a bit awkward to get a decent shot.
Well I had this idea in my head of what I wanted to put up there but as usual transferring the idea from head to reality sometimes doesn't work.
I had a big clean up in my studio so I was raring to crank up the past machine.
Chose all the colours I thought would work and set to work. But once I had made four of them and saw them sitting in the baking tray ready for the oven I hated them.
This morning I pulled off all the coloured bits and have re-designed them. There’s texture, there’s florals, and there will be paint. I’ve got a test one in the oven now and when its cooled down I’ll embellish it and if I like the look I’ll make some more.
I’m keeping my fingers crossed.