Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Brooching The Subject


This started as a ring. But things got slightly out of hand (or finger) when it became obvious it was really too big for a ring, even by today's standards of big is better for rings. So then I thought pendant, but I hadn’t put a whole in the largest circle before baking. I could add a bail but I only had silver ones which just wasn’t the right colour. I could make a bail out of clay but then I’d have to wait until I’d made a whole lot of other stuff before it was worthwhile putting the oven on.

P1020958-1


So I’ve decided it will now be a brooch and I’ve also decided brooches will be big this autumn/winter in the southern hemisphere. I’m starting a trend and if you want to be trendy you’d better follow me……ok?

But what combination of circles looks the best.

P1020960-1

Plain.

P1020961-1

Big circle with little circle.

P1020962-1


Medium circle with little circle.

P1020963-1


Big with medium……..

P1020958-1


….or all three together.

Brooch


I think I like all three together.


0 comments:







Post a Comment