Sunday, September 25, 2011

This Might Interest You


Do you have an iPad? If so you might like this app. I love it even though it was a bit expensive at the intro price of $4.99 (I think the price has increased  since then).

It’s called Foliozo and it’s a portfolio app.

P1030467-1

P1030478-1

The beauty of it is that you don’t need to be connected to wifi or 3g to view the portfolio, so instead of lugging around a heavy portfolio with photos of your jewellery you can just take you iPad.

It uses Dropbox so once your linked to Dropbox Foliozo creates it’s own folder. It’s a Cloud thingy, don’t ask me how  the Cloud thingy works though.

P1030469-1

There’s 4 photos to a page and just keep swiping to see more, but you can tap on an individual photo and it becomes full screen.

P1030470-1

Like so, then details of your pieces can be seen.

P1030476-1

P1030477-1

Sorry about the photos, it was hard not to get any glare on them. But of course you don’t have to use it just for jewellery. Family photos, home renovations, vacation photos, anything really and it’s all there without having to be connected to the internet to view them.

The reason I bought this app is because a new little gift shop has opened up in one of our local shopping centres and if I can get up the nerve to go in and see if they may be interested in having some of my pieces I can just take my iPad with me instead lots of jewellery that needs to be unpacked or a thick photo album.

Here’s an article that explains it quite well if you are interested.

Technorati Tags: ,,,


0 comments:







Post a Comment