Thursday, September 15, 2011

So I Had This Idea


Well it’s been bubbling and percolating in my mind for a couple of months and it all started with these.

P1030435-1

Fancy little bulldog clips. I spotted them in Officeworks a few months ago but thought to myself what the heck would I do with them. But then the idea started  to form after I made these and I wondered if it would work.
Carmen and I were in the Australian Fine Bone China shop in Mount Hawthorn  last week looking around and I spied these. Much bigger than the last lot of place mats I bought and a pretty reasonable price on sale. They’re 40 cm x 29cm (16” x 11.5”) and the patterns make me think of Grandmas, Nannas and scones. Very shabby chic retro.

P1030437-1

P1030438-1

But the patterned side is not what will be on show. I’ll probably paint the cork side like I did with the others.

P1030439-1

I’m still working on a base for them and have an idea which involves blocks of wood, gouging a groove along the middle so the place mats slot in. That way they stay upright and are weighted on the bottom. So instead of having necklaces draped on a table they will all be vertical and fairly secure one hopes.




The other idea I have is because the flaps on the clips can be laid flat which secures the necklaces somewhat,  I may be able to leave the necklaces on the mats tie some elastic around the whole thing and possibly store them in a big plastic container. That way I don’t have to get each individual necklace (or bracelet) out and put them on one by one.

P1030440-1
P1030441-1


What do ya think? Cool idea or should I go back to the drawing board.


0 comments:







Post a Comment