Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Op Shop finds

Scouring the op shops the other day and came across this. It's a beautiful box covered in pale gold satin with olive green embroidery, open it up and inside is a photo album covered in the same fabric. I can take all the plastic sleeves off the pages and maybe turn it into an art journal. Or just take the guts out, make journal pages and use the cover. Who knows what will happen, it might just sit in a box with a whole heap of other bits and bobs the I have great ideas for. It was $8.00. The pale beige strip across the front is a suede fabric.


These are canvases that are about 11 cm x 24.5 cm and I'm not sure if they were commercial prints or someones home made ones. The backs are all covered and they have ready made hangers, so it's a bit hard to tell. Anyway I'll probably paint over them and do something with collage, stamping and perhaps just leave parts of the original prints showing through. They were 50 cents each. I also managed to get a couple really old knitting patterns, so old they were still priced as 3 shillings and fourpence. (Gawd, I remember using pounds, shillings and pence so that makes me really old). And I picked up an old childrens basic reader book published in 1962. It's got some cute pictures of little girls in puff sleeves and peter pan collars and mothers wearing frilly aprons. Those were the days!


2 comments: