Thursday, February 5, 2009

Zentangle

When I was staying at my sisters and trawling the net I came across this site http://zentangle.com/index.php. I suppose the best way to describe it is as a meditative kind of doodling. I did this yesterday while sitting in the dentist waiting room, waiting for the continuation of my root canal (oh joy!) I can hear you all groaning in sympathy with me.....thanks, I feel so much better. But when you go here you will see some incredible examples of zentangles by a very talented lady Penny Raile. Also here is another talented artist with some examples. I like how she has cut hers up to use as inchie backgrounds. The top left of this is a bit wobbly.......I was starting to get nervous because I could hear the dentist finishing up with his patient and I knew I was going to be next. Also the pen I was using wasn't quite right, I think something a bit finer is better to use. But you can get lets of info from the Zentangle site, even buy kits etc. I just cut 3" x3" squares of plain white cardstock. The whole concept is small enough to carry around in your bag and it's a great way to pass the time if your in a waiting room, or your husband is watching cricket on TV (groan) or you just feel like doodling.



0 comments:







Post a Comment