Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Leisurely Sunday

On Sunday my friend Joanie and I went to the Perth Upmarket Craft show. It's the first time I've been and I have to say I was very impressed with the quality, so impressed in fact, that I spent quite a bit of money. But I justified my little spending spree by the fact that today is my birthday, happy birthday me, and I could buy myself some little presents, so there! So over the next few days I'll show you what I bought. This little piece below is quite nifty.
It comes apart.
You can add whatever beads or charms you like.

Screw it back together again and you have a unique pendant. Those beads I put on it are just an example.
After the craft show, we strolled up to Borders and ate cake and drank coffee and browsed the book shelves. We had time to kill because later in the afternoon we were off to a Sculptue exhibition. Our friend Joan (another Joan) was exhibiting one of her peices at the Gomboc Gallery.
We had to navigate our way out of the city and head to points north. Joanie just loves it when I navigate, I have to turn the map book every which way and we have to stop every so often because I can't read whilst in the car (motion sickeness) so in the end, out of pure frustration, Joanie snatches the book out of my hands and plots our course. Well Joanie, if you don't want vomit all over the inside of the Subaru............
The exhibition was interesting. We ate cheese and sausage, Joanie had a wine and I had an orange juice and we swanned around pretending we new everything about art and sculpture. I just wish I had thought to bring my camera. So all in all, it was a very pleasant way to spend a Sunday.
See that handsome kid in the post below? Well he's cooking my birthday dinner tonight. Gourmet steak sandwiches.........can't wait!



0 comments:







Post a Comment