Saturday, October 8, 2011

Another New Shape


Well here’s a different shaped pendant with a completely different look to my ‘boomerang’ pendants.

P1030487-1

When I bought the Viva Decor cream paints (I promise there will be a post about them soon) I also bought some Pardo clay. Not quite sure about Pardo just yet, I need to play with it a bit more. I found  some of the colours a little soft, so I don’t know what it would be like for making canes. I never make canes, too time consuming and tricky for me. So this pendant is Pardo ‘Ivory', it was almost the opposite of the other colours I bought, it  took a long time to condition as it was quite chalky and I ended up adding some Premo translucent to it so it would come together a bit better. But I have to say I really love this colour.

P1030488-1

I textured the clay then once it was cooked and cooled and I sanded the back and the edges, I smudged ‘Graphite’ Decor Viva paint over the raised areas.

P1030491-1

Same shape only larger and I used green Premo for this one.

P1030492-1

Same deal with the paints except I used ‘Old Silver’ which isn’t really silver, but a very pale, milky, gold. That’s about the only way I can describe the colour.

Now I did make up one of the boomerang pendants. Pretty plain and simple and I’m unsure about it.

P1030489-1

P1030490-1

I think I’ll add more to it at some stage.  I did make some tube beads with the same pattern when I made this.

P1030483-1

So maybe one or too will make their way into the necklace along with whatever else I can add to give some spark.


0 comments:







Post a Comment