First the stamping. The best way is to lay the stamp flat and even, then ink it up and bring the tile to the stamp. Less chance of it slipping and the image becoming smudged. Lift the tile straight up and off. Now the threading. I've used hat elastic and as you can see I've threaded it through both tiles to join them together.
Pull it up so it's firm and reasonably tight and then tie a knot. Tug the ends really well so there's no chance of it coming undone.
Snip off the excess quite close to the knot.
Then ease the knot over so that it's sitting above the hole. This step requires a bit of pulling and tugging and lots of swearing. I used a bamboo skewer to poke the knot down into the hole and then from the opposite end I pulled and tugged until the knot disappeared inside the hole.
And here's what it looks like. It was rather awkward putting it on my wrist and taking a photo at the same time, so I've slipped it over a bottle of glazing liquid so you get the idea.
This bracelet consists of nine tiles and it fits my fat, chubby, chunky wrist quite well. But I tried it on Brighita's slim petite wrist and it was a bit loose, so probably seven or eight tiles would be enough. The pictures are from an Artchix collage sheet and they fit perfectly on the tile. I glued them on with a gel medium and when that was dry I've sealed them with Mod Podge gloss.
Just some more tiles. The top ones have two coats of silver metallic paint and I've stamped them using one of my little stamps I got at the craft show (see the previous post). The second row are plain tiles and I've stamped them using Archival Ink in black using a text stamp.
So let me know what you think and if you can think of another way of threading the tiles together I would love to hear from you.