Sunday, November 22, 2009

It Was a Good Day

Yesterday was a good day! Joanie and I had a four hour unpack south of the river. It's a bit of drive and sometimes we wonder if it's worth it just for those 4 hours. But when we got there the clients had unpacked most of the cartons themselves so there was very little for us to do. So that was the start of my good day.

The next part of our day was spent at the Craft, Antiques and Collectibles Fair at the Claremont Showgrounds.....well it was on our way home.....kinda, sorta, with only a slight detour. We always split up when we get there because we have slightly different interests. Joanie is a quilter and loves all the sewing stuff and I love cruising the bead and jewerly stalls. Then we meet up again, show each other what we bought and then set off again in case we missed something.

Joanie wanted to attend a workshop on re-purposing clothes, so while she was there I wandered up to the antique and collectibles section. I don't usually look there because just the word antiques implies lots of money as far as I'm concerned, but I had time to kill so off I went. Big mistake! Well not really because what I bought was pretty good value, but it just meant I spent money I'm supposed to be saving for our holiday, but what's a girl to do.

Fell in love with this as soon as I saw it. Black matt rose with lime green tiny chrystals embedded into the rose. Very kitschy and only $2.00!
Some art deco black onyx and marquisette earrings. A steal at $5.00.
This one full of beads and metal bits and bobs that I'll cut up and re-use.
More stuff to pull apart. The one on the left is actually a metallic sage green with clear chrystals and the other just more black beads to re-use. You can never have enough black beads in all shapes and sizes.
Now this one I drooled over. They look like birds eggs. White glass beads with black speckles. When I was drooling over it last night I noticed that the black speckles are very easily scratched off, so I'm wandering if I could spray them with some sort of acrylic varnish stuff. Any ideas people? Dawn if you're reading this I'm counting on you for a solution.
Why does blogger delete things for no reason. I had two more photos here and they've just disappeared and they were my favourite finds, maybe I'll save them for tomorrow. That'll mean you'll just have to come back and have a look see.


0 comments:







Post a Comment