Sunday, April 25, 2010

Earrings, A Necklace and ANZAC Day

More earrings I've made with silver tape and grungepaper, embossing and smudging. I thought this photo would turn out a little better than it is. The background is a mocha coloured lacey material, not grey as it appears here. I take my photos under a skylight in the kitchen and usually they turn out ok and fairly true to colour. Maybe it's the autumn sun not being as powerful as the summer sun. These are covered with wallpaper and embossed.
The same with these......I rather like these.
Some beautiful paper a friend gave to me cover these discs.
I've covered the front and the back.
And I figured if I join the discs with figure 8 connectors they sit much better than just using jump rings......go figure!
Now on to matters of a more serious nature. Today is ANZAC day. We commemorate the landing of Australian and New Zealand troops at Gallipoli in 1915. The first World War. All over the country dawn services take place and parades with former and currently serving members of the armed forces march and we remember and revere those who lost their lives in WW I, WW II, Vietnam and battles that are still raging in the Middle East.
My sister Annette has written a very moving post about our Uncle, whom we never met , losing his life in New Guinea during WW II.
So today we remember, reflect, and hope and pray that one day the whole world will be at peace.


0 comments:







Post a Comment