Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Jewels

Easter Sunday, happy Easter all. Lovely cool day here in sunny Perth at long last. I was just about at the end of my tether (what is a tether anyway and have I spelled it correctly) with the heat.
So the cooler weather has inspired me and I've made stuff.
This one, copper chain, ceramic beads and shell discs that I stamped with black stazon.A little bit of wire work.
And some copper and sparkly charms.
Vintage glass beads that I picked up from a trash and treasure stall at the senior citz next to the nursing home my mum lives in. Web jasper beads and pink jasper large discs. The focal is brushed silver metal, I picked it up in a small antique store in a place called New Norfolk when we were in Tasmania over Christmas.
Gun metal grey oval chain.

I'm loving this one. Grungeboard covered with silver wallpaper and embossed and smudged with black rub n buff.
I might do a series of this style and use some of my artwork on the grungeboard. I like the design and the off centre large disc. Shame it doesn't photograph better because it's much brighter in real life. The silver wallpaper is really shiny and they actually look like real metal that has been textured with a hammer.
So I'm going to wear it today as we are not only celebrating Easter but also my mother in law's birthday. Dinner at the Burswood, I've got a new outfit to wear, new jewelry and lots of dark chocolate to eat, so all is right with the world.


0 comments:







Post a Comment