Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Bamboo Tile Source

As promised a couple of days ago I said I would tell you where to get a great source of bamboo tiles but only if you live in Perth. I'm sure these are available elsewhere, so if you don't live in Perth you'll just have to look around.

To get these.............. ...........you need one of these. A bamboo place mat. Out of this one place mat I got 130 tiles and it's very easy. Just a matter of cutting the thin plastic strands that bind it all together and there you have it. Now I have seen on ebay 50 tiles for $4.50 and that was Canadian dollars (don't know how that converts to Ausie $) plus you would have to pay postage and handling. This place mat only cost $5.00, so each tile only costs.......lets see....130 divided by 5.00 is......oh heck, you work it out. Maths is not my strong suit by any stretch of the imagination. They're cheap O.K! I got mine from Cost Plus in Westminster (formerly Balga), there are Cost Plus stores in Alexander Heights, Kwinana, Mandurah, Waikiki, and Subiaco. As far as decorating them goes there is a wealth of informations here, even though it does relate to domino tiles I'm pretty certain most of the techniques could be applied to bamboo tiles. Also here and here is another good source of information with some pictures. Roni has the most amazing blog full of tips and tricks and this is where I got the idea for the button bracelet below.



I'll have a few more of these to show you over the next few days hopefully.


0 comments:







Post a Comment