Friday, June 6, 2008

Feeling Creative





This is a photo of a collage I did today. It started off as a mistake, something i was making for Michaels girlfriend Erin but I smudged it so I had to do another one and rather than waste the mistake I just started glueing bits of text and paint chips onto it, then stamped with different things i had on my desk, lids from bottles, a piece of corrugated cardboard, some foam stamps and whatever came to hand. The checkerboard is a picture from a magazine which i tore out and glued down and edged it with an oil pastel. I was quite pleased with the way it turned out, hence it's place of honour on my blog!

As you can probably imagine, housework doesn't rate highly in the grand scheme of things, although I did manage 3 loads of washing today between coats of paint. I haven't had a packing job for 2 weeks so you think i would have taken advantage of the time to spring (autumn?) clean, but that's not as much fun.

Kids are fine, Michael is at Erins and Brighita has gone to a cocktail party in Leederville, so it was just Chas and I for tea.......bacon and eggs.

Off to mums tomorrow, might go to Garden City and check out the sales.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, have you been working? You have not added any new stuff, I am getting bored now, get on with it

    ReplyDelete
  2. How will you use this? Are you going to frame it? It's really lovely.

    ReplyDelete