Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Postie is my New Best Friend

Friday morning I received another package in the mail. This time from Susan. I was lucky enough to win a prize on her blog and she has sent me the most amazing ATC's, lots of fabulous bits and bobs ephemera and a uniball white pen which I forgot to photograph, it writes like a dream. I fell in love with this diptych ATC and in one of Susans earlier posts I had admired the Lips Atc. And look........ she included it in my parcel of goodies.
Lots of cool stuff to add to ATC's etc. and some beautiful subtle background papers. How Lucky am I. thanks Susan I'll treasure the ATC's and they are getting their own special display spot on my desk.


Now my great friend Brenda, who is morphing into my mother in law, every time I visit I never leave emptied handed. My mother in law always gives me food and Brenda always gives me lots of little bits and pieces of arty stuff. It's a toss up who wins.......food......arty stuff. I'll take 'em both. Anyway, Brenda ( who also makes me spend money at the scrapbook store and takes me for little impromptu image transfer tutorials from the lovely Bec) sent me this youtube link a few days ago and this is my take on it. Grungeboard, cuttlebug embossing, paints, rub n buff, and a fastener.

Cuff bracelets. Below is a close up of the the fastener.



Here's a close up of the pattern





And the other one.




What a fantastic idea. A great project for kids as it's quick, easy, very little materials required and the idea could be extended to all sorts of possibilties. Add some eyelets and thread ribbon through them, punch out designs with dies, glue stuff on, flowers, beads etc.
If you come up with any ideas or make one yourself let me know. I'd love to see it.







0 comments:







Post a Comment