Sunday, September 20, 2009

Just a quick one

A quick post before I dash out the door for my "Journal Junkies" get together and so you don't think I've been unproductive this week.
Glass disc that I picked up for a song during the week.
In all it's finished glory. The flat round beads are from Bali. My sister in law who doesn't have a crafty bone in her body was given the mission of buying me beads on her last holiday up there. Apparently it nearly did her head in as there are literally billions of beads to choose from. But she did pretty well considering she didn't have a clue about anything bead related.
The other beads are little glass faceted ones and some gold metal op shop beads. Gold and autumn colours aren't really my personal colours for jewelry, more a silver and green girl as you well know. But I can't keep making what I like. Gotta explore all the other colours and appeal to a wider audience.
It's got an unusual clasp which I meant to take a close up of but forgot. A filigree leaf in antique bronze that was just made for this necklace.
I've made quite a few other things too. Earrings, another necklace and have been playing around with wire, different loops. I need a wigjig, oh dear! something else to buy. Plus exploring more of my wallpaper designs. Stay tuned.


0 comments:







Post a Comment